Gary E. Atkin, Esq.
At the start of his distinguished career, Gary spent several years working with the Utah Legislative General Counsel, representing the Utah legislature in their legal matters. He was also associated with several firms before forming Atkin & Associates in 1980 and currently serves as the senior partner in that firm. He has handled personal injury, product liability, workers compensation, and third party actions for over fifty years.
Gary has been successful over the years in securing significant recoveries by way of settlement or trial on behalf of injured workers in actions brought against third parties (persons or entities other than the employer) who were responsible for their injuries at work. These have included substantial recoveries for:
- A young man rendered quadriplegic when he fell from a rock grinder which had no protected work station;
- A fork lift driver whose leg was crushed and amputated when the defective fork lift overturned;
- A garbage truck worker whose leg was crushed and amputated when he slipped into the interior of an overhead loading garbage truck;
- A gas line worker who was rendered permanently totally disabled when a gas line was charged without his knowledge, causing a bolt to blast into his head as he loosened the bolt;
- A man seriously injured when he fell from an improperly constructed scaffold;
- and far too many cases where young men were severely injured and unable to return to construction work after falls from roofs or elevated areas due to inadequate or non-existent fall protection.
Gary prides himself on his ability to coordinate the workers compensation benefits, social security benefits, insurance benefits and other available benefits into a settlement package which allows the maximum benefit to his clients.
Outside the office Gary is avid toy collector and his favorite pastimes include golf, skiing, and sharing his toys with his grandchildren.
Call Gary at (801)521-2552 or email him at AtkinOffice@gmail.com.